Friday, November 4, 2005

Fessin' Up

In a stunning move, Matt Lawton didn't dodge the issue of his steroid suspension. He confessed, said he screwed up and didn't try and wank out of it by blaming a buddy or sheer ignorance. What a novel idea. Taking responsibility for ones actions!

Here's what he had to say;
"I made a terrible and foolish mistake that I will regret for the rest of my life," Lawton said, in a statement to The Associated Press. "I take full responsibility for my actions and did not appeal my suspension. I apologize to the fans, the game, my family and all those people that I let down. I am truly sorry and deeply regret my terrible lapse in judgment."
Sadly, since he played poorly for three teams this past season (Pirates, Cubs then Yankees), he has little to no chance of coming back a Yankee. He most likely will have trouble getting on any roster next season. Still, that didn't stop him from dealing with this like a man.

It sure would be nice if more offenders did this when they get caugh with their hand in the 'cookie' jar, wouldn't it? Not that it makes me condone using banned substances, but it will make forgiving a whole lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment